Thursday, July 19, 2007

16 Months Later

I realize now that I was going to write an entry saying goodbye to this blog thread.

Becuase the bottom line is that Simon's pretty much fine. He's eccentric, but he's gifted and funny and the problems have largely ironed themselves out. He's got Lily as his friend, a true friend, but as for hooking up with kids at the playground, he's got a ways to go.

But a funny story happened that I feel like plopping in here.

In RDI you're always supposed to put emotional things and excitement into experiences. So whenever we have errands in front of us, I always make it like it's going to be the thrill of a lifetime. So the other day I told Simon about some exciting errands and I believed I described it as an adventure.

And he looks down at his cereal, extremely seriously, and says in the funniest, most pissed off voice, "I'm sick of you telling me it's going to be fun. It's not going to be fun, it's going to be boring. Going to the grocery store is boring! It's not fun!"

I bust out laughing. "You're right, Simon. You got me. It's true, errands are boring." He respected my honesty, and was a good sport about runninig the boring errands anyway.

K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home